The University of Applied Science has taken out statutory accident insurance and extended pupil insurance for its students. The insurance covers all students while on the premises during classes (including physical exercise classes) and breaks, during excursions that are arranged as part of the curriculum and on the way directly to and from school. The insurance is valid during work placement/clinical practice and related travel directly to and from the locations where the training takes place, both in Finland and abroad.

The insurance does not cover accidents that occur on the trip between Finland and the country in which foreign work placement/clinical practice takes place. Students should take out separate insurance that covers the entire period that they spend abroad for studies or work placement/clinical practice.

A student from a non-EU country must have a valid health insurance issued by reliable company or institution. Non-EU students who are studying in Finland in a full-time degree programme for minimum of two years need a health insurance that covers medicine costs.

Pin It