Applications for the programmes are submitted online through the joint application system www.studyinfo.fi. An applicant can choose up to six application options of the Finnish universities of applied sciences and universities. The student admissions follow the admission criteria established by the UAS in the joint application system, and the order of preference chosen by the applicant. The online application form must be submitted by the end of the application period. The admission is conditional until the UAS has checked the applicant’s school and other relevant certificates. The UAS may withdraw the admission, if the applicant has given false information.
Apply online at www.studyinfo.fi. It is important to follow all the instructions.
The application period starts on 9 January 2019 and closes on 23 January 2019 at 3 p.m. Finnish time (+2 hrs GMT).
All online applications must be submitted before the closing time.
All required attachments have to be at the Admissions Office of the applicant’s first choice UAS by 30 January 2019 at 3 p.m. Finnish time.
Please contact the Admissions Office of the UAS of your first choice in all matters relating to your application and to changes in your circumstances.
The online application service is open 9 - 23 January 2019. The application closes at 3 p.m. Finnish time (+2 hrs GMT).
1. Find study options with the search engine at www.studyinfo.fi
- As search words you can use different educations, a specific education institution or a field of study that interests you.
- The programme overview includes information and key aspects of the different study programmes.
- Find more information on how to apply in the study programme overviews.
2. Compare study options
- Add interesting study programmes to your shortlist
- Compare different options
3. Apply to the study programme
- Choose up to 6 study programmes that you wish to apply to from your short list and click “Fill in application form”
- You can also go to the application form directly from the study programme that you have chosen by clicking “Apply”.
- You can apply to up to six study programmes with the same joint application form.
- You can only fill in the application form once, so be sure to include all the study programmes you want to apply to. The application cannot be changed after the application closes.
4. Fill in the application form
- Fill in the application step by step. The application service guides and helps you through the process to make sure that you fill in all the information correctly.
- Remember to set the study options in order of preference, so that the option you prefer most is first on the application.
- You must use your own, individual email address when applying.
5. Submit the application
- Submit the application after you have checked the information on the preview page.
- Write down your application number for future reference.
- Check the guidelines on what to do next.
- A confirmation that the application form has been received will be sent to your e-mail.
Please see the Applicant's checklist: https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/higher-education/applying/applicants-checklist/
Consider your options of preference carefully
You can apply for up to six different degree programmes at universities of applied sciences and universities in Finland. You can choose 1–6 different degree programmes on the application form. Choose your most preferred degree programme as your first option, and then choose your second, third etc. options when applicable. The order of preference chosen in the application is binding and cannot be altered after the application closes.
If you are not accepted on the programme of your first preference, your points will be checked to see if you can be accepted for your second, third... sixth preference. If you are accepted on the degree programme of your first preference, you cannot be selected for any of your lower preferences. Please note, that it is not advisable to apply to many different study fields. An applicant is advised to choose his/her options from one or two study fields.
Once you have been placed on a reserve place, you can be accepted for a higher preference option due to cancellations, if you have not already accepted another study place or you have accepted the study place conditionally. Please note that you can accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term (1.8. - 31.12. or 1.1. - 31.7.).
Changing the application
- The order of preference can only be changed during the application period, by 23 January 2019 3 p.m. Finnish time (+2 hrs GMT) at the latest .
- Changes in address or other relevant personal details can be changed outside the application period.
- Make the changes directly to the application form or send email to the Admissions Office of the UAS of your first preference and ask them to make the changes for you.
- More information: https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/higher-education/applying/how-to-make-changes-to-your-study-programme-choices/